Office for Teacher Candidate Preparation Teacher Candidate Timelines
Prior to acceptance into the Teacher Education Program you submit your TEP Portfolio which includes completed NMTA Basic Skills Exam. These timelines will guide you once admitted into the program and show important deadlines that must be met during one’s teacher candidacy. Teacher Candidate Timelines are available for both graduate and undergraduate students.
To view a timeline, click on one of the following links:
Ongoing Requirements for All Teacher Candidates
- Pass all required education courses with a
- “C” or better (undergraduates)
- “B” or better (graduates)
- Develop a cumulative GPA of
- at least 2.5 (undergraduate)
- at least 3.0 (graduate)
- Complete fingerprinting requirements early in your program.
- Collect and Save copies of signed field practicum evaluations, disposition forms and NMTA scores.