The program of study is designed to prepare individuals for teaching in public and private, and governmental institutions in New Mexico and for certification by the New Mexico State Board of Education. This program includes both general education courses and professional education courses related to specific practice settings. Through extensive field experiences and research projects the students will gain the skills and abilities to teach children with professionalism and with the most innovative practices.The program is now offered by NMSU-Alamogordo, NMSU-Carlsbad, NMSU-Grants in cooperation with the College of Education at New Mexico State University in Las Cruces.
- NMSU’s teacher preparation program has been accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1962.
- Off-campus face-to-face courses
Required Credit Hours
One hundred and thirty two (132) including a minimum of 48 upper division courses (300+) with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above. For more information about the requirements check: Program Entry Requirements and Application Procedures.
For more information check the following Program Coordinators:
- Name: Hazel Wilson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (575) 439-3722
- Name: Rochelle Biscaino
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (575) 234-9337
- Name: Kathleen O’Connor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (575) 287-6693